Batley Bulldogs ARLFC

 After a summer in which I've done a few Rugby League games and found them thoroughly enjoyable, I decided to do a championship game vs Midlands Hurricanes at the Fox's Biscuits Stadium, home of Batley Bulldogs. I think Rugby League clubs give the fans a better offering than football clubs who maybe take us for granted a lot of the time. Here at Batley, there were numerous bars so no queues for drinks, excellent home made food or standard fare such as pies if you prefer, plenty of toilet facilities, plenty of benches and seating to sit and eat and drink and there was even a stage for some post match entertainment that was on. I had an excellent lasagne, with chips and plenty of water and a strawberry yazoo, as well as a half time ice cream from the van. 


It is striking how expensive entry is at £20,i do think if they could somehow lower this they would attract more fans, but it is a tricky balancing act I suppose. Both teams were middle of the road in the league table standings so I expected a fairly close game however Batley, despite looking slightly better in the first half, were massively overrun in the second and looked slow and ponderous. The game finished 34-30 to Hurricanes, with Batley inches from levelling at the death, however this would have been a huge injustice and the best team won, sending the many enthusiastic travelling fans home happy. 


The ground is walkable from Batley town centre, albeit up a huge hill past the biscuit factory. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brackley Town FC

Runcorn Linnets FC

Esh Winning FC