Warrington Rylands FC

 I took Bank Holiday Monday to complete the Warrington duo, having already visited Town I had Rylands left to visit. I had seen them days earlier up at Workington and wasn't impressed with their dark arts tactics, however given they have had big investment over the years I was expecting excellent facilities. This was not the case however, with one turnstile, the ground very basic, the club shop an open air wooden shack and pie and gravy and a can of coke priced at £7. I've been to better that's for sure but the surface was decent and I was expecting a good side in opposition with Bamber Bridge, the visitors, boasting former Halifax and Workington winger Jamie Allen in their ranks, along with Histon legend Nat Knight Percival at the back and ex Blackpool forward Tom Barkhuizen leading the line.


The first half got underway in front of a crowd of 556, with 100 or so from Bamber Bridge. As expected the away side played some really attractive football, though with no finishing touch and Warrington are really ugly but with an end product, it just seems sometimes in football there is no justice. Bamber Bridge hit the bar in the fifth minute through the number 11 and continued to dominate with Rylands winning a couple of breakaway corners and not much else. However on the half hour mark another breakaway and a good passing move finished with the forward finishing into the bottom corner with the excellently named Bamber Bridge keeper Goodness Godson Eze beaten but he should perhaps have done better in my opinion. Bamber continued to probe but it came to nothing, with Warrington also showing what a dirty side they are, Waring well marshalled by Knight Percival but he likes to use his elbows. On the stroke of half time though Waring was found out wide and crossed for the 7 to finish.


Just before the half hour mark Bamber got one back with a deflected finish from a corner, more dark arts from Warrington, going down feining injury and arguing with the officials, the goalkeeper rightly shown the yellow card. However 12 minutes from time the keeper spilled and Warrington made no mistake 3-1 and game over. There was still time for a red card for the away side with 11 shown a second yellow. Warrington win but I find it hard to congratulate a side that play as they do and hopefully they are in for a season of struggle, as for Bamber Bridge they were a joy to watch.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runcorn Linnets FC

Brackley Town FC

Esh Winning FC