York City FC

 A rare trip to the LNER with my dad, for some Monday night football and our first game in the League Cup for 11 years. I had purchased the tickets with huge optimism and excitement to attend, however days after our manager Stuart Maynard was unexpectedly dismissed, a decision I still can't come to terms with. His replacement, the very uninspiring Scott Lindsay.


I was looking forward to a visit to the club shop still, it was hugely difficult to navigate with it being packed, despite going in looking for a few new pin badges to add to the collection I instead came out with the new blue and black striped shirt, reminiscent of an old portakabin one we had from the 90s. At £55 shirts have certainly gone up in cost but it really is an excellent design.


I didn't know what to make of the game, we played ok in patches and some of the new players show promise but it was far from a convincing performance against mediocre opposition. They cut us upon down the wing for a ruthless opener before claiming a late penalty, 0-2 it finished and not much to shout about other than for our dismissed managers return . 4700 the attendance which was excellent considering and the car park is an absolute nightmare to navigate at full time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brackley Town FC

Runcorn Linnets FC

Esh Winning FC